• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Octopus neurogenetics.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
I don't know of any, but that may not mean much. Are you thinking of development of the nervous system, or expression of neurotransmitters and that sort of thing?

Anyway, let us know if you find anything!

NestingLoops

Larval Mass
Registered
This area seems to be completely stopping, but a group of U of Chicago is studying neurogenesis and molecular brain patterning in O. bimacu. And not octo, yet French group in Sepia and Hawaii Univ in Euprymna.

I guess there is only one comprehensive and classic paper (Marquis, 1989) for octopus neurogenesis with German, but others can be found via Google scholar.

neurobadger

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Octopus neurogenesis isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about neurogenetics.

Mostly neural development; I'm thinking comparative neurogenetics.

NestingLoops

Larval Mass
Registered
> I mean all lab studying neurogenesis are interested in neurogenetics, a molecular basis of neurodevelopment.
Also including bioinformatics and molecular methodology.
N,

Members online