• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Names

It IS. Hence my confusion in this matter. Igjarjuk is the great white dragon indirectly responsible for giving Seoman Snowlock his name in Tad Williams' wonderful Memory, Sorrow and Thorn trilogy, the three books being The Dragonbone Chair, Stone of Farewell, and To Green Angel Tower. It is a remarkable tale of good vs. evil, love, hate, sacrifice, coming of age, and understanding others. If you have not read it, I encourage you to order dozens of copies today through Tonmo's Amazon link!

(Ahem. Sorry. I grant that taste in literature, even Fantasy, varies widely, but these are MY favorites since Tolkein. And they're a GREAT source of names for some of the "fantastical" critters that dwell in our tanks.)

Colin was accurate in that Igjarjuk is also known as "The Ice Worm of Urmsheim," Urmsheim being the icy mountain upon/within which he dwells, and "Worm" or "Wyrm" being a fairly common substitute for "Dragon." So he was correct but obscure enough that I wasn't sure if he meant this as a winning answer, or rather a clue to those who might not know the books as well as he obviously does!

I know, I know...Bad Rusty, Bad Trivia Host... :oops: :heee:

rusty

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back