Octopus Names

cthulhu77

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
You could always go british and have Gog and Magog! How about native american? I mean, you have Sequoia, Pocahantas, etc...

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
...and the winner is.. .no one! No one gets a free Ammonia Alert reader by SeaChem. But the offer is still open to anyone who can figure it out... in the meantime, I guess I can use these three Ammonia Alerts as beer coasters. :D

WhiteKiboko

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
Reaction score
cthulhu77 said:
You could always go british and have Gog and Magog!
how is that british? i thought those were biblical.....

rrtanton

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, Colin has it, but I couldn't tell if he was officially playing or just sitting it out and lobbing some clues out there for everyone else...his answer was a bit more abstract than I was expecting... :?: He clearly knows the answer...so if you'd like it, Colin, just say "hey." Was kinda waiting for you to say something like "Hey--Didn't I get it?" Don't mind me, I'm just easily confused... :bonk:

rusty

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Oh! Well there you go. Well done, Colin! Ping me with your home address (I don't have it handy) and I'll ship your loot. :wink:

Hmm... what's the next contest? How about... the next person to post a picture of their cephalopod looking through their tank at a bag/bowl of chips, peanuts or popcorn... Well they don't have to be looking at it, but they have to be in the same picture. And for goodness sake, don't put the chips, peanuts or popcorn in the tank! Next person to post it gets the prize... hey, next TWO people to post it get the prize!

:)

rrtanton

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
It IS. Hence my confusion in this matter. Igjarjuk is the great white dragon indirectly responsible for giving Seoman Snowlock his name in Tad Williams' wonderful Memory, Sorrow and Thorn trilogy, the three books being The Dragonbone Chair, Stone of Farewell, and To Green Angel Tower. It is a remarkable tale of good vs. evil, love, hate, sacrifice, coming of age, and understanding others. If you have not read it, I encourage you to order dozens of copies today through Tonmo's Amazon link!

(Ahem. Sorry. I grant that taste in literature, even Fantasy, varies widely, but these are MY favorites since Tolkein. And they're a GREAT source of names for some of the "fantastical" critters that dwell in our tanks.)

Colin was accurate in that Igjarjuk is also known as "The Ice Worm of Urmsheim," Urmsheim being the icy mountain upon/within which he dwells, and "Worm" or "Wyrm" being a fairly common substitute for "Dragon." So he was correct but obscure enough that I wasn't sure if he meant this as a winning answer, or rather a clue to those who might not know the books as well as he obviously does!

I know, I know...Bad Rusty, Bad Trivia Host... :oops: :heee:

rusty

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
Reaction score
Ok! Everyone's a winner! Next three people to send me a private message with their address gets the Ammonia Alert! :lol:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfishb

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards