Octopus I.D needed

Hi
Can anyone help me please I.D my new octopus , i bought it but the guy in the pet shop didn't know its I.D , its not very small it changes colour , i have him 2 days now , he is doing ok in his new Nano tank , he came out yesterday after my lights were turned off , but for few minutes only eat my arrow crab and went back to his hiding place.:goofysca:
he looks alot like this one: A. aculeatus?
I have no pic's yet but this is a video of him when i just got him and he was still in the bag.
download link:
ultrashare.net - ultrashare Resources and Information.

Thanks

Well, Roy IDed the one that looks similar as Abdopus aculeatus so perhaps that's a good guess...

Upvote 0
Taollan;136206 said:
I downloaded it and took a look. I would say it is Abdopus aculeatus. I have kept one of these myself. I would also say that the one you have is fairly old from the size, so I wouldn't expect to live more than a few months.

I feel good now that im going to loose him soon :goofysca:

Im going to post pic's of him today while he is still alive.

Upvote 0
Its o.k Taollan , what can i do now i already bought the octopus and i like him alot , i hope he dont die soon.

Here are his pic's :

22042009544.jpg

22042009549.jpg

22042009550.jpg

22042009551.jpg

Upvote 0
The pose with the popped up eyes, color and purple around the suckers would give a big yes to aculeatus (I can only see one photo). I don't see the curled up arm Taollan pickup but be happy if it is male as it won't brood for the last month of its life. The young have not been raised successfully so there is no advantage to obtaining a female.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back