Octopus Fun in April :) Woot

BigSister

Hatchling
Registered
Hey!

For those of you who replied to my post back in January or February about where to go see an octopus, you will enjoy hearing how it turned out. DWhatley got in touch with me and invited me to her home, to bring my sister to hang out with her grandchildren, meet her octopuses, and to go to the Georgia Aquarium with her family. My sister, my friend Kris, and I all went down and had a blast.

I'd do it again in a heart beat, despite the 6 hours of driving in the rain to get there and almost falling into a ravine, ahem, I mean her driveway :smile:

Here's a pic of us enjoying the aquarium.

From the left: My friend, D's Granddaughter, Me, My sister.

I look horribly bored, however, I was merely sleep deprived after along day of walking :smile:

Behind: Freakin' awesome coral reef.

Oh, and this is still the coolest emoticon I've ever seen:

:sink::sink::sink::sink::sink::sink:

Attachments

• conv_303605.jpg
    conv_303605.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 106
I'd do it again in a heart beat, despite the 6 hours of driving in the rain to get there and almost falling into a ravine, ahem, I mean her driveway :smile:

It may not surprise you to learn that most people will not drive down - it took my father about 7 years before he braved it :wink:

A few more pics from the camp out in the living room. As you can see, "Little Sister" was not so sure about Beldar :wink: but Kris did get a couple shots of Bel coming to be petted (rough to do with no flash and a wiggling octo). Unfortunately, I did not attempt a photo while he was successfully petting Beldar. However, the bottom left photo is Beldar telling Kris that it was time to remove his hand from the tank.

Attachments

• conv_294243.jpg
    conv_294243.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 76
  • conv_294244.jpg
    conv_294244.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 73
  • conv_294245.jpg
    conv_294245.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 77
  • conv_294246.jpg
    conv_294246.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 72

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back