Octopus Exhibit Opens At Grapevine Aquarium - CBS Local

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
Old thread, but figured it's as good a place as any for this post...paid my monthly visit to the Aquarium of Niagara this morning; usually when I go its too dark to photograph Twister, the aquarium's resident GPO, but today I was able to steal the light from another visitor's camera, & figured I'd share the result. He(?) Was especially festive today:smile:

Attachments

• conv_300540.jpg
    conv_300540.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 136
Yeah, he(?) is cool. I can't tell you how excited I was when they announced it's arrival, & I've been going AT LEAST once a month since. The aquarium itself is located in Niagara Falls, New York, less than a mile from the falls themselves. In fact, there's a pedestrian bridge from just about the front door to the rim of the Niagara gorge, where there's a beautiful bike path that leads a few miles down river with a couple sets of stairs that leads to the bottom by the water. I hike the trails frequently; the whole area is downright majestic in all seasons. If you're ever traveling through the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area (or even spending time in Toronto, which is about an hour away) it's well worth a visit. Here's a photo I snapped on a hike during an abnormaly warm day a couple weeks back:

Attachments

• conv_300542.jpg
    conv_300542.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
In fact, if you, or any of my fellow TONMOers are ever in the area, please feel free to PM me; I'd be more than happy to suggest things to do/restaurants, etc, or even join you for dinner & a tour of the aquarium, or any other area attraction you'd like to take in. This really is a great part of the country...

Darnet, im across the country, ive been to Niagara but that was in '09. And i didnt know if it was a he or she, accidentally said he i guess.

Well next time you're in town, drop a line. I love showing this town off; so often it gets an undeserved bad rap, probably due in part to the lacklustre sports teams & myths of arctic weather year round. There really is something for everyone here. As far as its gender is concerned,I can't tell, & it's name "Twister" could go either way (perhaps if someone with a more experienced eye than myself would please be kind enough to opine), & I don't think it's posted anywhere...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back