Octopus Exhibit Opens At Grapevine Aquarium - CBS Local

Discussion in 'The Octopus' Den' started by octobot, Apr 10, 2012.

1. octobot

octobot Robotic Staff Staff Member Robotic Staff

Column 1
    0 [TR]
    1 [TD="width: 80, align: center"][​IMG]
    2 [SIZE=-2]CBS Local[/SIZE][/URL][/FONT][/TD]
    3 [TD="class: j"]
    5 Octopus Exhibit Opens At Grapevine Aquarium
    6 [SIZE=-1]CBS Local[/SIZE]
    7 [SIZE=-1]The Octopus Garden is an educational hands-on experience, and a giant Pacific octopus named Eleanor is the main attraction. CBS 11 News was able to preview the exhibit before it opened to the public, and reporter Melissa Newton got an up-close view of ...[/SIZE]
    8 [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    9 [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    10 [/FONT][/TD]
    11 [/TR]

More...

2. Tentacle Toast

Tentacle Toast GPO Supporter Registered

Old thread, but figured it's as good a place as any for this post...paid my monthly visit to the Aquarium of Niagara this morning; usually when I go its too dark to photograph Twister, the aquarium's resident GPO, but today I was able to steal the light from another visitor's camera, & figured I'd share the result. He(?) Was especially festive today:)

Attached Files:

3. Tentacle Toast

& another...I can watch him for hours...

Attached Files:

4. Wafflez777

Wafflez777 Blue Ring Registered

cool, he looks like a great octo. Where is the aquarium?

5. Tentacle Toast

Yeah, he(?) is cool. I can't tell you how excited I was when they announced it's arrival, & I've been going AT LEAST once a month since. The aquarium itself is located in Niagara Falls, New York, less than a mile from the falls themselves. In fact, there's a pedestrian bridge from just about the front door to the rim of the Niagara gorge, where there's a beautiful bike path that leads a few miles down river with a couple sets of stairs that leads to the bottom by the water. I hike the trails frequently; the whole area is downright majestic in all seasons. If you're ever traveling through the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area (or even spending time in Toronto, which is about an hour away) it's well worth a visit. Here's a photo I snapped on a hike during an abnormaly warm day a couple weeks back:

Attached Files:

6. Tentacle Toast

In fact, if you, or any of my fellow TONMOers are ever in the area, please feel free to PM me; I'd be more than happy to suggest things to do/restaurants, etc, or even join you for dinner & a tour of the aquarium, or any other area attraction you'd like to take in. This really is a great part of the country...

7. Wafflez777

Darnet, im across the country, ive been to Niagara but that was in '09. And i didnt know if it was a he or she, accidentally said he i guess.

8. Tentacle Toast

Well next time you're in town, drop a line. I love showing this town off; so often it gets an undeserved bad rap, probably due in part to the lacklustre sports teams & myths of arctic weather year round. There really is something for everyone here. As far as its gender is concerned,I can't tell, & it's name "Twister" could go either way (perhaps if someone with a more experienced eye than myself would please be kind enough to opine), & I don't think it's posted anywhere...

9. Wafflez777

I live in California, so i don't know if ill ever get to go to Niagara again. But if i do, ill defiantly go there.