Octopus Escapes

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
After a recent escape it occured to me that it would be helpful to keep a list of threads and incidences to easily find escapes, causes and results. I will hunt up some of the ones already posted and add individual links back to the threads but feel free to record or link experiences.

Phew, there are a lot more escapes than I remembered and just about every species we typically see represented. Oddly I have not found a mercatoris yet and one paper listed them high in the escape category.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score

CaptFish

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't Mr. Octopus have some adventures out of the water, or is that just in Nancy's and Colin's Book?

SabrinaR

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Registered
Reaction score
Jean listed a story about one of the octos at the aquarium getting out and going up the stairs... I just read that yesterday. Also on Parodox thread on the 3 page but I dont know if that applies here cause it wasnt one of our octos.

BTW thank you for this... Its a great idea.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
P. Cordiformis - Jean Portobello Teaching Aquarium

Jean's octos count as "our octopuses" and when she journals them there are links added to the list of our octopuses 20xx :biggrin2: but she has been a bit remiss lately. I saw the post on Paradox's thread but somewhere she has an expanded version that I was going to try to find but it appears people are shopping heavily tonight and the internet is flakey.

Ok, I found one of Jean's original story tellings about Harry (actualy there are a couple on the thread as well as some urban legend type escape stories)

And one this year about Fidgety Fred who was eventually released because he kept escaping to the drain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stablizo

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards