• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus eggs for graduate student project

rawigton10

Hatchling
Registered
Hello everyone,
I am a graduate student working on a cephalopod project. I was wondering if anyone knows of sources for octopus eggs. I need a species (such as Octopus vulgaris or Octopus bimaculatus) that has planktonic paralarvae (many small eggs). Any input would be very much appreciated. I can be reached at [email protected]

Nice to see someone experimenting with the small egg species hatchlings. Hummelincki, joubini (be careful here though as most octopuses sold as O. joubini are O. mercatoris and are a large egg species) are two other Caribbean options and aculeatus (or any of the abdopus complex) from Indonesia would meet your criteria. Unfortunately, trying to find eggs or a brooding female is a by chance happening for most of our members. One member did have aculeatus some a month ago so check the Journals and Photos section for new entries every week or so.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back