• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

octopus9;138773 said:

My guess is that the indo-pacific is an aculeatus. At least three or four that I've heard of now coming from them seem to be aculeatus (or very similar.)
Of course, I must give credit where credit is due - I wouldn't have a clue about this well mannered species if it hadn't been for this group helping me ID my Goo. :heee:

Don't buy cephs from liveaquaria. I love the site for everything else. But that picture is most surely not of the ones they have in, chances are you'll get an old one, and the price is probably the highest out there. The only way I would ever buy a ceph from LA is on divers den, and even then I probably wouldn't because the price is so high, and I haven't been impressed by what I've seen on there.

I dont think that person knows about octopuses, They say "Perfect for a Nano Tank or a Reef Tank. Your choice." Ummm, I thought you needed a large tank?! Someone need to rescue that little guy before someone that doesnt know buys it.

I am almost sure it is briareus and am sooo tempted but the seller has not sold on Ebay before and is not likely to know how to ship the little guy (and money is just too tight right now). It appears that he does dive if you look at his feedback so he may have caught it himself but the list of what the little guy is eating is suspect. You have seen how fast they grow so you know a nano is totally out of the question for even a few weeks but will the buyer? It does get frustrating when this kind of listing gets posted.

dwhatley;139033 said:
I am almost sure it is briareus and am sooo tempted but the seller has not sold on Ebay before and is not likely to know how to ship the little guy (and money is just too tight right now). It appears that he does dive if you look at his feedback so he may have caught it himself but the list of what the little guy is eating is suspect. You have seen how fast they grow so you know a nano is totally out of the question for even a few weeks but will the buyer? It does get frustrating when this kind of listing gets posted.

The guy lives right by me. I have a tank I could stick it in but it is not cycled.
furious.gif

It that is an actual picture of the little guy I would be cautious as curling of the arms like that usually means they will probably die.

Unfortunately, we're headed back out of town in about two weeks - for two weeks. I've got a 135gal I've been waiting until all the summer trips were over to try to find something special for. :sad:

Although, it's hard for me to tell but, it looks a little bigger than I'd hope to find too...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back