• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

If it is the same species as Puddles (also from Live Aquaria), this is a wonderful octopus IF YOU ARE AWAKE AT 3:00 AM. I have kept two. They were both interactive, delightful and very nocturnal. I would never have seen it had I been working.

CaptFish;172077 said:
I dont think that octopus in available anymore....:gigas:

Did you pick it up?

I have to tell you that I am very pleased to see live aquaria getting so many different octopuses these days. I sent them an email about a month or so ago asking about getting different kinds of octopus in stock and pointed them to our forum. They replied by saying they would check out the forum and decide how to proceed with selling octopuses and had me a little worried.Like maybe they were going to stop selling them, I guess they took it to heart and realized that we really do like when they sell them.

Hmart near my home in Niles IL has live octopuses 2 for $14.99. I went in to check them out. They are from Korea. They were keeping them at 40 degrees, said they were cold water species. listed as common octopus. They were in mesh bags with not much room to move but some were very active non the less. I felt so sorry for them. I would have tried a couple but don't have an extra tank and 40 degrees isn't that a little too cold? I wish someone would give one a shot. Maybe some day I will.

So far, our Hmart has not had any live octopuses. We went there today and I did find live (more or less) razor clams. All three seemed to like them (even Mr. Picky who won't take shrimp without a shell). We offered them out of the shell and froze most of them because they had been kept out of water and were either dead or not going to be alive in the morning. I put three in the uninhabited merc tank (that I was supposed to take down when we started Monty's tank :roll:) but don't know if they will live through the night.

They also had live crabs but they were far too large for my guys. We did bring home some frozen "baby" shrimp that look like shore shrimp to see if anyone would eat them as well as some small scallops and the shrimp we were there to buy.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back