• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

O.Mercatoris - eBay Auction Ends 2011/02/17

O. Mercatoris Buy It Now $60 shipped.

This is a posting of availability, not a recommendation. I don't know the vendor but believe these may come as hitch hickers on rock collected from a live rock farm around Tampa (reviewing the ad, they do give a website and mention that the octos are from the LR and the area code is 813 which would confirm Tampa area)

dwhatley;170575 said:
O. Mercatoris Buy It Now $60 shipped.

This is a posting of availability, not a recommendation. I don't know the vendor but believe these may come as hitch hickers on rock collected from a live rock farm around Tampa (reviewing the ad, they do give a website and mention that the octos are from the LR and the area code is 813 which would confirm Tampa area)

If I wanted a mercatoris, would you say to avoid this or is this fine?

Octos in NY Area

Just received this update from BlueStarAqua Saltwater Aquarium:

Octopus: Brown; Pacific $35.00

I e-mailed them back for more info. Their reply:

they come and go.... try again next shipment. let me know early if you like them and you can reserve them via paypal.

Having said this, I have no experience with this seller and can't really say anything else about his business.

S.

I'm curious about the "Pacific" part. If you email them again, see if they will qualify it, I suspect they come to NY though wholesalers on the West Coast but are not Pacific animals ... just a hunch

No they don't! Either that or their alert system is totally screwed up. LiveAquaria.com processed my order for A. aculeatus two weeks ago, but never shipped. Then this morning I received an alert that they were in stock. I immediately called to see if my order had been filled. It had not. However, I was assured that back orders are filled before new orders are taken. The person I was speaking to said that there must be a cue of unfilled orders. I asked if that was the case, why send out an alert. The explanation offered was that the "vendor" has an automated alert system. Apparently just because it is automated doesn't make it accurate. It is clear that communications between LiveAquaria and their "vendor" in California is lacking..

Roy

Neogonodactylus;171377 said:
No they don't! Either that or their alert system is totally screwed up. LiveAquaria.com processed my order for A. aculeatus two weeks ago, but never shipped. Then this morning I received an alert that they were in stock. I immediately called to see if my order had been filled. It had not. However, I was assured that back orders are filled before new orders are taken. The person I was speaking to said that there must be a cue of unfilled orders. I asked if that was the case, why send out an alert. The explanation offered was that the "vendor" has an automated alert system. Apparently just because it is automated doesn't make it accurate. It is clear that communications between LiveAquaria and their "vendor" in California is lacking..

Roy

I got Mystique from them (about 2 weeks ago, well 2 weeks ago on Saturday) and she wasn't the diurnal A. aculeatus but instead a nocturnal dwarf cousin. I still haven't seen her :-(

Live Aquaria has listed Bock's Pygmy Octopus coming today in there divers den section. Should be posted at around 5 or 530. It will probably go fast so if you want it be on your A game. Last time they had a Caribbean octopus and it sold in 15 seconds.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back