• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octopus Availability

Stavros;163636 said:
This seller has O. bimaculatus and not bimaculoides, correct?

Unknown. The site has had and still has numerous incorrect ID's on at least cephs. Until someone receives a live animal or we get pics of the actual animals for sale, we are running blind.

Still Available?

marineboy;66742 said:
I have access to tons of bimac's where I live. I am shipping one to Dan hopefully in the next couple days. I do not run a buisness although my dad wants me to but I can do side deals with people if I feel they're trusted. I posted some pics of bimacs earlier and If your interested I can sell em cheap to you. Possibly free as long as you pay shipping. I don't know if thats considered worthy for this thread and I won't take it personaly nancy if you delete this.

Hi,

I just joined TONMO and saw your old post. Do you still have bimacs available?

Thanks, Ed

rawigton10;163748 said:
I am also looking for bimacs if available. I need bimaculatus and not bimaculoides though. Thank you
Rachel

I might be able to send you a bimaculoides within the next few months, but a bimaculatus is harder because, from what Ive read, they don't live in the intertidital zone (they live deeper). I find bimacs by looking under rocks at low tide, so according to what I've read I should only find Bimaculoides. They are almost identical looking, and can only be told apart (I'm told) by the blue rings in the eye spots. If the ring is solid, then you have a bimaculoides, if broken (chain-like) it is bimaculatus. Also Bimaculoides lays large eggs, while bimaculatus lays small eggs. My avatar picture shows the blue ring from a bimaculoides I caught, and kept, and I'm certain it was bimaculoides because it laid large eggs.

Are you sure you don't want a bimaculoides? Why the preference?

I talked with Micheal of Oceanpro Aquatics oceanproaquatics.com and my order has been processed! He said the octos have been confirmed bimac by his marine biologist and will be here tomorrow morning! Also he said regarding size and amount... he has 4 and they are very small from what he said (farm raised babies). I will post pictures tomorrow morning just as soon as it get here. On the plus side because I am shipping air cargo, I can check and make sure it is alive and if there is a problem I can simply refuse the package and my costs are covered. :fingerscrossed: everyone!

Oh and if you are going to order I would confirm first because the site wont tell you hes out of them.

Micheal at Oceanpro Aquatics oceanproaquatics.com just sent me this is anyobe is intrested in them.

In stock now and and for sale are Tank Raised Bimac octopus's. They are very rare and I don't know of anyone else who sells them because of certain recent laws and looking at the links it looks like everyone is debating if they are really bimacs but yes they are and they are hard to come by but I brought in 6 today. All Tank Bred and about 3-5 months old at about 1-2".

Joe-Ceph;163755 said:
I might be able to send you a bimaculoides within the next few months, but a bimaculatus is harder because, from what Ive read, they don't live in the intertidital zone (they live deeper). I find bimacs by looking under rocks at low tide, so according to what I've read I should only find Bimaculoides. They are almost identical looking, and can only be told apart (I'm told) by the blue rings in the eye spots. If the ring is solid, then you have a bimaculoides, if broken (chain-like) it is bimaculatus. Also Bimaculoides lays large eggs, while bimaculatus lays small eggs. My avatar picture shows the blue ring from a bimaculoides I caught, and kept, and I'm certain it was bimaculoides because it laid large eggs.

Are you sure you don't want a bimaculoides? Why the preference?

I am doing a graduate student project on octopus paralarvae so I need a species with small eggs that hatch into planktonic paralarvae. Octopus bimaculoides has larger eggs that hatch into hatchlings so this species won't work for me. Please let me know if you can get any O. bimaculatus and I would definitely be interested. thank you!
Rachel

Ok so update on OceanPro... My octopus came into day... He had asked me what size I wanted and I said a young one. Unfortunately the small one he sent me was a very small new baby (about the size of a dime). I called him and told him of the problem and he is making right by it and sending me a larger octopus tonight on his own dime and it will be here tomorrow.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back