Octopus #2 Has arrived!

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
We got her home around 2PM EST. Dripped for a good 2 hours. Introducing her into the tank was the easiest I have ever had, as she was all curled up in a piece of pipe the store let her have. I have never seen an octopuses eye glow white before. In the one pic you can see it. She ate 5 minutes after coming out of her pipe and now is holed up behind the bubble filter in the corner of the tank. Everytime I look at her, she flashes colors and her eye goes white. Very strange and is a first other than older octos eyes going white from old age. I hope I will have better pics as the days go by! We think she's a vulgaris. A little thin, but fattening her up should not be a problem at all with the appetite she seems to have!

Welcome to Octopus #2 (who must really be Octopus #9 or #10)!
Strange about the eye. She does seem a little frightened.

So do we have a name for her yet?

Nancy

:welcome: number two! (That sounds like a secret agent name from S.P.E.C.T.R.E. or C.H.A.O.S. or something)

congrats on the new octo! weird about the eye.....I wonder if there's documentation on that behavior anywhere....:hmm:

Hey Colin! How R u? Think I now have 2 of the same kind. I posted another thread comparing Squiggles with Octo #2 and they seem to be similiar. And I think Squiggles is already guarding eggs! :cry:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back