[Octopodcast]: Episode 2, and new forum!

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
:headphon: I'm happy to announce that the latest version of the Octopodcast is available for downloading. This month features a phone interview with our own Carol Sauer! Don't miss it.

[url2=[URL]http://www.tonmo.com/octopodcast]Octopodcast[/url2[/URL]]

Also, I've created this new Octopodcasts forum for announcements of new episodes and discussion of Octopodcast content.

Thanks for listening!

Thanks!

Ah, yes, I hope to post that soon... difficult to ID I imagine since it's kind of plopped there on the ship, partly covered by a tube or pipe... will post...

good job tony. what about the hairy octopus? you should get dr sos to hook us up. or maybe tintinfich(sp) kat lovely ceph girl hook us up (misspelled but kat is beautiful)

chrono_war01 said:
Great stuff, Tony and Carol!

And what's this about the pelegic octo who got gaffed?
Chrono:

The person who took the pictures, Tom S., has given me permission to share the photos. Per Tom:
I am a fishery biologist with the Hawaii longline observer program. We field biologists on longline vessels. Our man Boris Tutubalin gaffed this critter aboard on the 28th of august at the approximate location below

what is it?

mahalo,

Tom
Here they are:

gaffedoctopus.jpg

gaffedoctopus1.jpg

Poor guy :sad:

Urr, I might well be expressing some hobby-horse bias here, but that positively looks like a Tremoctopus sp. to me....

Short pair 1, extended webbing to pair 2 and tiger striping is a lot like T. robsoni, but that is also a "violaceus" like violet mantle (...), given the fact that in T. violaceus pair 1 is actually the longest, ending in veritable strings extending from the webbing, unless autotomized,..., it should really be,..., :confused: ah, my kingdom for a matching male :biggrin2:

Let's face it, you can't tell from photographs with these.

"poor guy :sad:" should at least read "poor girl :sad:"...

Tolweb has this magnificent picture of a free swimming T. violaceus off the Florida coast, courtesy of Cassandra L. Cox. For T. robsoni I was relying on Steve's 1999 sketch.

bigGdelta said:
good job tony. what about the hairy octopus? you should get dr sos to hook us up. or maybe tintinfich(sp) kat lovely ceph girl hook us up (misspelled but kat is beautiful)

Kat be spoken for I'm afraid.

Octopodcast was great!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back