• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

octopets and nitrates

armourk

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
I have 2 questions first, I placed my order via the internet with octopets on friday afternoon, I sent them an email following asking about receive dates, I have not heard from them yet, any ideas on how they go about shipping? second I ran 2 seperate nitrate tests one dry tab test made by aquarium pharmicuticles, the other a liquid drop and zinc powder test by marine enterprises international, one gave a reading of 80ppm and the other 10ppm. which should I believe?

Take a sample to your LFS and have them do a test. Could one of your test kits be out of date (more than a year since your opened it)? Some brands are more reliable than others. I'll see if I can find the place online that rated test kits. May take a bit of time.

Nancy

Actually i have heard 6 months reliable testing from opening!!!

I agree with nancy and say to take it to an LFS for a recheck :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back