octonewbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by moulipus, Sep 19, 2004.

1. moulipus

moulipus Larval Mass Registered

Greetings all!! I'm so excited to see that it really is possible to succesfully keep cephs and have a place to go for info and advice! I'm in the process of setting up my first octopus home and would greatly appreciate any info or suggestions. Thanks

2. Steve O'Shea

Steve O'Shea Colossal Squid Supporter

Howdo there Moulipus. Now there are some on this site that will try and corrupt you, turn you into an octopus lover ... and then there are some of you on this site who may well try and convert you to squid (but we'll mention no names).

Just sending a Hi from down under (New Zealand), and welcoming you to the site and community where all understand that Cephs rule.

Advice costs dearly; you must pledge allegiance to Neil Diamond before this is forthcoming, and admit to all and sundry that Zappa is a neverwas! :heee:

3. Melissa

Melissa Larger Pacific Striped Octopus Supporter

Welcome to TONMO! There's a lot of information for first time ceph keepers here. Have a look through the articles by Nancy and Colin.

I'm really glad that some people are able to keep octos at home. Every time I think of having a tank, I read the articles and realize that I'm not up to the task. Better luck to you!

Melissa

4. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Welcome to Tonmo ! There is a lot of info under ceph care (above and left) about keeping our little friends...you should have a great tank!
    Also, pay absolutely NO attention to Dr. SOS in regards to Neil Diamond...the ammonia from the squids has effected his hearing, and he actually thinks that nd is talented. Yikes.
    greg

5. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

Hi and welcome to TONMO.com!

We've helped many people with their first octopus - as Greg mantioned, if you click on the Ceph Care button above, you'll find a list of articles and other help. Usually people begin with the Equipment List and Checklist.

Please feel free to post your questions on our Ceph Care forums.

Glad to have you with us!

Nancy

6. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

Welcome moulipus! Glad you've found us!