October 2nd TONMO event: a Toast to Monty

The toast/wake/party thing is going well. There are lots of people here drinking Kraken rum straight from the jug and I'm wearing a knit octopus on my head.

If anyone else posts here, it may or may not be me; hopefully they'll sign their name at the bottom.

--Valerie (hallucigenia)

Thanks Valerie! Please, all, feel free to post!

Captain, really good move with the rum, thanks. Thanks for the pics.

Neal and Denise, your pics are very touching, thanks for sharing.

Unfortunately no rum here, but here's my (aptly solitary) toast to Monty. I see so many threads here on tonmo where I think 'Monty would have a perfect wall o' text answer for this' and then I remember he's not here with us. Such a sad loss for all of us, let alone for his family and friends. I miss him.

Attachments

• conv_297063.jpg
    conv_297063.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 68
Rich, that is hard to guess, but I'm certain he would have weighed in. Haven't seen it myself (kinda surprised at myself after all the hype but then again I am not much of a movie-watcher). Should I see it? I did get a kick out of the Octopus movies (e.g. river of fear).

Nice post and pic Robyn.

I know it's a bit late -- about 11 p.m. here in Da Big Apple -- but I have just raised a glass of Arizona Pomegranate Green Tea (my personal fav) in memory of our own Mark Montague. He will always be remembered as one of the most dedicated and active members of our cephalofan community. Here's to you, Monty.... forever in our hearts!

~ Tani ~

:tentacle: An Angel to Guide Monty's Journey to Eternal Peace ("Guardian of the Nereid" by David Delamare) :tentacle:

Attachments

• conv_297064.jpg
    conv_297064.jpg
    484.7 KB · Views: 81
As the first beer Monty and I ever had was a pint of dry stout at the Atacapa brewery in Ventura, CA, I toasted to his wonderful memory accordingly, albeit utilizing a more readily available Irish variety of the brewing style. A GREAT privilege to have counted him amongst my friends.

Tony, under no circumstances should you see Sharktopus. After forcing myself to watch it, I believe that Monty would agree!

Thales;164147 said:
Tony, under no circumstances should you see Sharktopus. After forcing myself to watch it, I believe that Monty would agree!

Beg to disagree: I never had the privilege of meeting Monty in person, but from his posts I gather he had a great sense of humor. Therefore he probably would've loved SHARKTOPUS! C'mon now Thales, didn't you laugh at PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE and LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS? I'm sure you did, and I'm sure Tony did too. And I'm also sure that you laughed at SHARKTOPUS but just won't admit it. (Me, I was almost literally on the floor.)

Just imagine if Edward D. Wood had had access to really good CGI technology. Now imagine Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon laying the smackdown on a One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater, to the music of whoever did the soundtrack of EARTH GIRLS ARE EASY. Get it? Got it? Good.

And now, Tony, you may watch SHARKTOPUS with a clear conscience. 'Cuz I said so.

* QED / OMG / WTF / BBQ / ZZ TOP / LMNOP *

May the farce be with you,
Tani Banani

Decisions! I'll have to check air times and will report back in a separate thread.

Thanks again to everyone who could share a toast for Monty. Between now and next TONMOCON I'll work out the details for the Monty awards.

TaningiaDanae;164190 said:
Beg to disagree: I never had the privilege of meeting Monty in person, but from his posts I gather he had a great sense of humor. Therefore he probably would've loved SHARKTOPUS! C'mon now Thales, didn't you laugh at PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE and LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS? I'm sure you did, and I'm sure Tony did too. And I'm also sure that you laughed at SHARKTOPUS but just won't admit it. (Me, I was almost literally on the floor.)

Just imagine if Edward D. Wood had had access to really good CGI technology. Now imagine Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon laying the smackdown on a One-Eyed One-Horned Flying Purple People Eater, to the music of whoever did the soundtrack of EARTH GIRLS ARE EASY. Get it? Got it? Good.

And now, Tony, you may watch SHARKTOPUS with a clear conscience. 'Cuz I said so.

* QED / OMG / WTF / BBQ / ZZ TOP / LMNOP *

May the farce be with you,
Tani Banani

:smile:
I think Monty would have been amused that we were discussion if he would have liked Sharktopus!

I'm late to post (as usual), but we'd already planned an Oktoberfest party for the 2nd. I split a bottle of Kraken among us all, and we toasted Monty. I send all my vibes to his family, Monty made sure to send some my way when I needed! The ocean will be an emptier place without him!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back