• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

octo or cuttle?

Questions are fine. They help you learn. :smile: And I think cuttlefish and octopuses are very close to eachother. I think its more personal preference to which you like more. Personally, I would prefer an octopus over a cuttle.

Read Cuttlegirl's posts about her experiences. She kept, and has had success breeding, cuttle fish. They are truly fascinating creatures.

It would be very helpful if you would start reading the various articles and threads about keeping octopus/cuttlefish. A lot of information has already been posted. Probably every question that you can think of has been asked and answered many times before and is available for you to read on Tonmo. We certainly want all new and potential ceph keepers to learn all they can to minimize the chances of an eager, but inexperienced person making unnecessary mistakes which can lead to the death of the animal, but for most of the people who are experienced, it becomes frustrating to be asked the same questions over and over again. It may be a new question for you, we understand that, but believe me, the answers are almost always available in previously posted articles or threads. A little patience and a lot of reading will serve you well. :read: I will now step down from my soapbox. :smile:

hey!! im kinda new at this but im REALLY REALLY intrested in buying a octopus that will interact with me
Does anybody have suggestions on which kind to buy??

Tessa;126558 said:
hey!! im kinda new at this but im REALLY REALLY intrested in buying a octopus that will interact with me
Does anybody have suggestions on which kind to buy??

One of the larger species requiring a 55 gallon or bigger.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back