octo or cuttle?

Discussion in 'Cuttlefish Care' started by aristocat, Aug 25, 2008.

1. aristocat

aristocat Cuttlefish Registered

hello sorry I have so many questions but how long do cuttlefish eggs take to hatch? do you recommend octopus or cuttlefish

2. Lime

Lime O. vulgaris Registered

Questions are fine. They help you learn. :) And I think cuttlefish and octopuses are very close to eachother. I think its more personal preference to which you like more. Personally, I would prefer an octopus over a cuttle.

3. aristocat

aristocat Cuttlefish Registered

can you interact with cuttles

4. sorseress

sorseress Colossal Squid Supporter

Read Cuttlegirl's posts about her experiences. She kept, and has had success breeding, cuttle fish. They are truly fascinating creatures.

It would be very helpful if you would start reading the various articles and threads about keeping octopus/cuttlefish. A lot of information has already been posted. Probably every question that you can think of has been asked and answered many times before and is available for you to read on Tonmo. We certainly want all new and potential ceph keepers to learn all they can to minimize the chances of an eager, but inexperienced person making unnecessary mistakes which can lead to the death of the animal, but for most of the people who are experienced, it becomes frustrating to be asked the same questions over and over again. It may be a new question for you, we understand that, but believe me, the answers are almost always available in previously posted articles or threads. A little patience and a lot of reading will serve you well. :read: I will now step down from my soapbox. :smile:

5. cuttlegirl

cuttlegirl Colossal Squid Supporter Registered

6. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Architeuthis Supporter

There are days and days worth of threads with nothing but useful information waiting to be read.

7. Tessa

Tessa Larval Mass Registered

hey!! im kinda new at this but im REALLY REALLY intrested in buying a octopus that will interact with me
    Does anybody have suggestions on which kind to buy??

8. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Architeuthis Supporter

One of the larger species requiring a 55 gallon or bigger.