Octo in need of RESCUING

is it out during the day? and is it eating well?
he looks really cool, and im loving the texture changes. In a few days i would be able to take him, but it is not a sure thing, since im deciding between this guy or a briareus.

he does not seem to have eyespots.... i have watched him for a long time looking...

he is the color of the last pics when he is resting and the first pics when upset or startled.... he gets really textured... but not so much at rest

what size bag would you ship an octo of this size in?..... i want to send the poor guy with like 25 gal...lol but that isn't going to work

he looks really good.... he has one leg shorter than the rest but you can tell it is old and where it is growing from... and he has the tip of one missing and you can see that in the pic...

He ate when i took him a clam at the store but i has to give him a piece of it... i had to touch him with it... but they were giving him feeder guppies and he ate those but not the TINY hermits in with him...

He is sleeping now and has been for a few hours but I don't know really what to make of that... his is just in the corner of the tank.. he hasn't even touched the rocks.. but he has had a ROUGH few days so i don't know if he is just really tired... he hasn't eaten since yesterday morning (but hasn't been offered any) so we will see what happens when he wakes up

If you plan to transport him in O2 filled plastic bag, double bag him with newspaper lining between the two bags (about half way up should do it). This will cut down on the stress. Kind of like covering a bird if you know what I mean.

that is a good idea.... i never thought of using newspaper... i like to use the bags with the half black bottom but i don't have any right now and i don't have really big ones....

thanks for the pics... very nice camo and texture, and he sure looks happier than the way you described him in the store... It looks like there might be oversized suckers on some arms, so I'm guessing he's a he, but that might be my imagination. The texture looks like some aculeatus pictures to me, but I'm not at all sure.

Some suckers look enlarged to me but i don't know for sure... should all of his arms have enlarged suckers?

He looks very much like Biddle to me... that is the 1st thing that i thought when i saw him.... they think he is a Vulgaris

do aculeatus have eyespots?

he seems to have a pointed mantle if that helps at all...

is there anything else on him that i can take a pic of to help id him?

Get a few full shots of his whole body; arms and everything. Only certain arms should have enlarged suckers. Did they know what ocean he came from? Looks very much like A. Aculeatus to me, seeing the mantle/arm length ratio should help with a positive ID.

I agree with aculeatus, seems to be typical colors and eyes.. but we all know how that works with octos. I see the enlarged suckers too. Good luck finding it a good home. I'm sure you've stated your reasons... but why not keep it?

I would love to keep him but I don't have a tank for him.... even better i don't have a place in my house for a tank for him... I think you are right with the ID i was looking at the pics but how big do they get??? and i don't have a skimmer that i can run out of sump... k will get a pic... i will post it in a few...

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back