Octo Id needed

Hi all

First of all Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to everybody.

Now the question, a local LFS has founded an octo from Miami. Its labeled O Vulgaris but I'm not sure it is, looks to me like hummelincki or briareus. The first time I thought was o briareus, as you will see the color is mainly blue/light green, but I found a lack of webbing. Is quite small, about 3.5 in, 50% body and 50% tentacles.

Here is a pic I could make this morning in the shop

122008%20039.jpg

I think that, depending its one or another, adult size may differ a lot. :confused: I need your expert eye for help
Thanks everybody!
Cheers

Thanks man, I'm new with octos at home but also seemed to me more like O. briareus...
I've reserved it, probably going for he/she this week after checking your opinion.

how are the baby cuttles going on??
Cheers!

Upvote 0
FPVigo (winter);130672 said:
Thanks man, I'm new with octos at home but also seemed to me more like O. briareus...
I've reserved it, probably going for he/she this week after checking your opinion.

how are the baby cuttles going on??
Cheers!

They're going... :angel::banghead:

Upvote 0
That color shouts briareus and AM was my first thought to ask about the webbing on a juvenile but he beat me here. Definitely NOT hummelincki. When hummelincki show white it is slightly peach or stark bright white and not that lovely briareus green. The hummelincki only do it when in the open and badly startled, not tucked in a den. Additionally, the arms are far too thick for hummelincki. I wish I had a tank large enough for one as the briareus is one of my top choices. We may yet convert the reef tank but not for awhile.

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back