• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Octo has passed away this afternoon

dutchcourage

GPO
Registered
Came home from work today about 1:30 pm to my aculeatus laying on the bottom of the tank curled up in a ball :cry:.This makes me very sad becuse he was very active last night and i saw him this morning swimming around before i left he did however refuse his food last night wich was not like him!I dont have any test kits left i have used them all up so i cant check my water i will more then likley take some water to my LFS to have it tested.I only had him a few months with him and the tank he is in has been up and running a little over 2 years.I just thought i would have had more time with him i sat in front of his tank almost everynight for at least a half hour just watching him for the past few months i so enjoyed his company!I am attaching the last picture's i had taken of him last night.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Click on thumb to enlarge:

On the up note i will be recieving a baby bimac from marine bio guy on tuesday oct 16 i hope i have better luck this time or i think i will have to throw in the towel!!:sad:

I'm sorry dutchcourage. Thank you for sharing him with us, and we look forward to learning more from you with the new bimac you have on the way.

Sorry for your loss, dutchcourage - RIP :angelpus:

I understand that many of the aculeatus are older when sold - maybe it was his time to go.

Glad you're getting a young bimac. He should be around for a while.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back