• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

octo eggs!?!?

I would have said temperature but mine hasn't changed the only diference is that with my first eggs my octo died 2 days after laying and with the eggs I have now she is still around but the development is slower it's been almost 3 weeks now and all I see are eyes.???

i think the moon may play a role as well. my female i had some time ago brooded for about a month, and they hayched the day after i installed lunar lighting.

Ok weird question. I lost my eggs. I can't find them. I haven't seen any babies hatch. I checked my filter to see if I might have missed them, but I didn't see anything. Is there a chance that Mother Octopus has moved them or somehow concealed them. Have you heard of eggs just dying. Yesterday I went in and moved the rocks of her den and she seemed very defensive; she usually goes and hides when I get close to her den, but this time she wouldn't leave. She was obviously guarding something. I first noticed the eggs on May 29. I don't think that is enough time for them to hatch anyway.

My octo laid her eggs on a rock then ripped them off . She takes them with her wherever she goes cradling and hugging them. Strange huh:confused:

I have one female and her babies now . I had another female before that laid eggs and died right away.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back