conv_290192.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 111
  • conv_290193.jpg
    conv_290193.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 107
  • conv_290194.jpg
    conv_290194.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 113
Thanks, I wish I knew where to get another one of these. They seem to be pretty rare as I still don't even know what species this is. Most LFS don't ever know what species they'll be getting anyway. Even then, they just give them a generic name like common brown. If I see another one of these available, the people on Tonmo will know. :smile:

Since I'm here and it's been a little while, I might as well post some updated Ocho pics........

Cruising around doing the occasional squid imitation:

Waiting for food on feeding stick:

Got it:

Attachments

• conv_290392.jpg
    conv_290392.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 78
  • conv_290391.jpg
    conv_290391.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 119
  • conv_290390.jpg
    conv_290390.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 99
Just chillin on the glass:

one of the 3 times she's ever slept above the undergravel filter.(all within the last month) It's funny how she has one tentacle covering her eyes:

Cruising the bottom:

Attachments

• conv_290393.jpg
    conv_290393.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 95
  • conv_290394.jpg
    conv_290394.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 80
  • conv_290395.jpg
    conv_290395.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 88
One more just hanging out on the glass (with half of one arm missing):

....and here's the rest of that arm. Came home and found it just floating near the surface still moving. Kinda stumped me since there's nothing I know of that could sever it (intakes covered etc.):

Ocho's still doing very well and more pics to come as I still continue to snap them.

Attachments

• conv_290396.jpg
    conv_290396.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 103
  • conv_290397.jpg
    conv_290397.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 107
91lxstang;89664 said:
great pics! hope the arm heals up well!.... very nice octo btw. How big is she?

Thanks! Well, she's not quite as big as she used to be due to her older age. At her biggest, I would say her mantle was about 5 inches long. I would say the mantle is now about 3 inches. Her legs are really long and skinny and would probably reach 30 inches or so tip to tip.

Nancy;89667 said:
Ocho looks so much at home in your tank! Can you describe what's in there with her, please?

Nancy

Just about everything in her tank are plastic decorations except for the rocks, shells and a porcelain looking skull thingy. I have all the artificial plants coming up and out through the rocks so they won't be dislodged and float up from Ochos movement. There's a bunch of empty barnacle shells that she randomly drags around the tank. I also swap out different toys to keep them fresh. The best would probably be the circular plastic container that toys and candy come in from a gumball machine. Just fill it with tank water and it's near neutral buoyancy is interesting for an octo cause when they bring it down, it slowly bobs back up to the surface. The swamp tree root looking decoration is also plastic. I might as well list all the things that make this tank run since they are also in the tank. It's all very basic stuff.

Equipment:
1. Undergravel filter
2. Seaclone skimmer ( I know these have gotten a bad wrap but I think that's because people haven't given enough time to figure out how to fine tune it. It took a little while but I use sight, sound, and feel to find it's "sweet spot" and I get it every time. You should see the gunk I get out of it.)
3. Whisper HOB filter with about 1 1/2 cups of carbon in the Filter bag.
4. Heater

......and of course, Blondie the Damsel.

I think I've covered everything in the tank, but if there's more questions, just ask.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back