Ochi is here

Congratulations! And welcome to Ochi!

Did Ochi arrive in good condition?

And that's an unusual name - how did you come up with "Ochi"?

Nancy

thanks everyone. he/she arrived great. nothing at all to indicate worries. Just added tank water to acclimate and he is just jetting around playing on the ledges that the bag creates in the water.

How did I come up with Ochi.....(Long and Short version)
1. Wife and I were married in Ocho Rios Jamaica
2. Ocho Rios means - Eight Rivers in Jamaican
3. Ochi is there native slang name for Ocho Rios
so.... Ochi is slang for eight

figured it was fitting for an octo

OCHI the OCTO :biggrin2:

Excellent condition. No ink in bag no signs of stress, good color. :biggrin2:

Once he was acclimated I let him crawl onto my very clean hand ( which he did very happily) and gently lead him into his new home.

Watched Ochi explore for almost an hour before I had to come back to work. I miss waching him already,....oh well 4 hours to go before I can go back home. :P

wwhhhhoooo hhhhooooo!!!!!

congratulations mate!! like the way you came up with the name an even more like the fact he crawled straight onto your hand!! excellent :biggrin2:

me too scouse, I was actually concerned of dumping any of the shipping water into Ochi's tank, so I saw no other way(was not using a net!!!!!) but he agreed and crawled right on for a ride. Hopefully, he will always be this accepting. I believe it can only go up from here!! :biggrin2:

Thanks btw on the name complimnet! 8)

definitley agree on the only way is up, if he's acceptin your hand now, its only positive, suppose you've just gotta keep that bond goin an build.

Nancy's relationship with Ollie was amazin by the sound of things, so hopefully others can discover even more, im sure its not unrivalled just the way she documented it so well. i suppose sittin next to the little-un helped as well.

keep us informed on how you get on in that department :biggrin2:

you too sideways !!! :biggrin2:

you should both try an do some similar little experiments of some sort an see what happens, if personalities effect response's etc

god i cant wait until the clocks stops tickin an dthe world stops spinnin.......... :sleeping: an mine arrives!!! :lol: 5-6months yet.... :sleeping: :biggrin2:

Definately will keep everyone up to date! :biggrin2:

Thanks for the congrats. Where are the virtual octo cigars to pass around at moments like this :smoke:

Right now I just cant wait for this last hour of work to pass so i can go see the little guy, and turn the lights on. Left them off for him to get used to his new home comfortably.

5-6 mos geez hope our posts help the time past will be waiting to hear about yours!!!

neptune said:
Excellent condition. No ink in bag no signs of stress, good color. :biggrin2:

Once he was acclimated I let him crawl onto my very clean hand ( which he did very happily) and gently lead him into his new home.

Watched Ochi explore for almost an hour before I had to come back to work. I miss waching him already,....oh well 4 hours to go before I can go back home. :P

I guess thats the advantage of getting captive bred animals, they get used to us and play with us earlier. They can probably withstand shipping better too.

:biggrin2: Well everyone! If you could only see Neptune with his new play mate right now. When we first got home tonight he was hiding in a little dungeon he created. After a while he decided to come out and let Neptune know that he was not too happy being disturbed! He got over it very quick though and decided to have some fun exploring the tank walls. Neptune tells me that Ochi has never experienced glass on a tank wall before :smile: It was very obvious as he was like a little child learning how to ride a bike, skirting up and falling down just as quickly. After a few minutes he got the hang of it and it was very amusing to watch him play! We are having fun already. Sorry so long- just excited!

Congrats!!! I love the name!! And that's amazing you have already had him crawling on your hand! Lil P has gotten ahold of me several times, but I haven't been brave enough!

Can hardly wait to see pictures and :welcome:

Carol

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back