Ochi is here

I think Carol was the first one to successfully use Lego blocks!

I tried them with Ollie, but she wasn't interested. On the other hand, she was a bit older. Maybe the time to start with Lego blocks is when they're quite young.

Great pics, again - he's so tiny and the block is so big!

Nancy

Carol great idea then!!!! I push them round with the stick and that original is what got his intrest up.

Nancy, what did you use to play with Ollie, any sugguestions? Did you see he is coming to the top of the tank now? 8)

Ollie did not like many toys. I used to say that she was a serious octopus :smile:

She did like to play with the feeding stick - tug of war, and when she was little, she'd hang onto the stick and I'd swish her around the tank. She captured cleaning sticks, too. (see pic)

She had possessions - a couple of very smooth olive shells, and her little glass bottle with a shell in it (she had this in her den with her for the 6 months of her life, often hanging onto it).

But mostly she liked to play with me - we had lots of games -I followed her with my hand as she danced on the glass, I'd reach in and she'd pull her arms through my fingers, she'd come up and I'd rub her mantle under her eyes, etc.

Nancy

What a great pic Nancy thanks for the help. :biggrin2:

I definately agree octos want to play with us! But I work atleast 8 hours a day and feel bad if he nothing to keep his attention on. Right now I think he has discovered reef watching, as he as figured out he can see the reef tank from the side of his home, extra octo proofing was done immediately :P

How about some TV - tuned to a station that has some cartoons :smile:
Several people have reported that their octos watch TV, and like the cartoons.

But even small shells can be playthings

Nancy

He has a few small shells (rocks), that he has made a "perch". He drags them out whenever he wants to sit up. Not very big though. :biggrin2:

I do have tv on a lot, but have not noticed him caring yet. Just that reef. I know if he could just figure it out, OMG! :bugout:

It been a little while that I have put Ochi updates here, they are scattered in other threads now, but here is some recent activity I have had with Ochi. It seems he has developed a little game of merry-go-round.

I put a stick in and he grabs it, and his lego (which he likes yellow better than green). Once the lego came of the bottom he was floating on the stick ans holding the lego. Then he proceeds to rotate the lego all around his body, using his arms. It was quite cool to see him twist and move it wherever he wanted. He must have spun that thing for 15 mins.

For about 4 nights straight he has gone to the same corner of the tank and just started staring at me. Ok he must want to play!

heres some pics of the event

Wonderful Ochi action pics!!
It must be fun to watch him play with his toys. Are you moving the stick?
Ochi is certainly following in Ink's footsteps by playing with a Lego block!

Nancy

Nancy, yes I do sometimes just let him grab the stick as I swirl him around the tank. 8)

Also I will play chase with it, but in the photos I am actually trying to hold it still. It was him that kept jetting it!

BOE - I am sure the agent will come around. As much as I get to play with Ochi it does not feel like enough :smile:

Excellent pictures!!! An octopus playing with a smurf........I love it!!!! Noone would ever believe that they play as they do!!! I miss Ink!! He used to float around the tank on the lego! Is that a regular sized one? Ink's was a megablock!

Keep snapping away!

Carol

You are right Carol, they love to play so much. I think once they have confidence, they want your attention 24 - 7!!!!! LOL

The lego is a larger sized on I dont think it is a mega block, but I am not to sure! It's big compared to what i used to fool around with as a kid, but only a 4 prong if that makes sense? I have though about getting some larger ones but he just seems contenet as is.

I threw the smurf in the other day for variety, and it is funny to watch him go up and give it a "hug", will try for a pic. The thing floats though, and I have it burried slightlyu, but when we play it gets dislodged and floats with him. Freaked him out the first time!!! :lol:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back