oceans movie but also book

Damien

O. vulgaris
Registered
Last sunday i was present on the Book fair for youth of Montreuil (near Paris, it is a smaller version of Paris Book fair , but dedicated to books for youth)

I bought the book of the movie Oceans :

Océans
Océans

In english area this is provided by Disneaypicture : iTunes Movie Trailers

Notice that in the book ( and obviously in the movie ) there will be sequences about tremoctopus and Australian Giant Cuttlefish, and also rests of squid eaten by sperm whales.

Pictures in the book are splendid and the book itself is splendid and enormous too : 3.5 kg weight
http://www.bibliosurf.com/Oceans

The english version seems to be different : http://www.amazon.com/dp/1426206267/?tag=tonmocomtheoctop

Stéphane Durand, François Sarano dedicated my book.

Two years of preparation, four years of shooting, fifty sites of exception, seventy expeditions(shippings), twelve teams, cameras and machines specially conceived to film, as never they were her, more than hundred sorts(species), to arouse the emotion which, better than the big statements, fills the consciousnesses and grows to the share.

Oceans, it is to follow animals as the seasons go by in their runnings(races) through the oceanic unlimitedness, it is to take time to approach them without disrupting them, it is to be fish among fishes in an environment in three dimensions just like the air space investigated with the birds of the migratory People. In this foreign environment(middle), the teams were able to seize the dynamics of the creatures of this big "ocean" which offers to the blue whale of hundred tons the lightness of the butterfly, and gives to the huge ray the precision of the swallow and the grace of the albatross. It is a journey around the world, from a pole to other one of the globe, the waters turquoise blue

The movie will be at cinemas on january 27 2010 in France.

Here is a short biography of the authors of text and members of the teams ( of coursea lot of persons were involved in this wonderfull adventure )

· François Sarano and Stéphane Durand work for Galatée films, the house of production of the film OCEANS.François Sarano is doctor in oceanography, the professional, former(ancient) guiding diver of research for the Program Deep Ocean Odyssey, an expedition leader and the former scientific consultant of the commander Cousteau. He participated in about twenty expeditions aboard Calypso. He is also a co-founder of the association " Longitude 181 " with Vincent Ohl. Stéphane Durand is a biologist and an ornithologist. He had already collaborated in the film "The Winged Migration". For OCEANS, he was promoted "baleinologue". To him to determine which species to film, of every knowledge on their biotope, their behavior.

When i look to the pictures of François Sarano swimming side by side of a 5 meters white shark ... wow !

dwhatley;146650 said:
I sent Santa a note but the book won't be released here until March.

I will ask the authors if the english version is different of the French version ( the cover seems to be different at first look).
The french version is beautifull, i read it every evening before going to bed...

The movies will certainly have the success of "Winged Migration" or "March of the Penguins"
Wallpapers are already on my desk ....
I will certainly buy the blue ray version.

i am hearing about this today only.. What is this thing about.. I checked your link too.. Its pretty nice though....

Ocean is a documentary about sea life and also dark influence of man on this ( with some shoking scenes of Drift net and sharks fishing for their ailerons).

In the french there are no commentary except in some scenes. Perce brosnan is the speaker in the english version.
I don't know if there is diferences between French original version and Disney distribution.

it tooks 4 years with several teams (French teams but also others , at least one member was a former biologist of the Cousteau team in the past) .
The book is beautifull too.

try to access to the frenche site you will have some trailer and photos of the content.

Océans
Océans

I just took my two older kids to see this movie - it was worth it just for the shots of the Tremoctopus - what a beautiful animal. I didn't find the animals in nets that disturbing, maybe because I have seen more graphic images of bycatch.

animals in nets was not necessary the worst image, but shark fishing juste for the fins shoked a ot of persons arounde me. I knew this point but it seems that a lot of europeans did'nt know that.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back