Ocean Odyssey - BBC show!

MOre pics from the BBC Doco

In the spirit of the 'making of' DVD here are some more pics from that day. We get a copy of the doco in a week or so. What on earth is 'Springwatch'?

Attachments

• conv_289211.jpg
    conv_289211.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 127
  • conv_289212.jpg
    conv_289212.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 138
  • conv_289213.jpg
    conv_289213.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 110
The first pics of the stranded spermwhale had me wondering.... Too perfect, almost. That is very realistic, Chapeau!

ob said:
The first pics of the stranded spermwhale had me wondering.... Too perfect, almost. That is very realistic, Chapeau!

I can post pics of a stranded Sperm Whale for comparison if you like. Not for the squeamish though. Oops I forgot, I already have, I don't know if they're still visible though. I can re-post if they're not.

Matt

Just finished a "maatjesharing" breakfast that would even prove too much for Steve, so, bring it on!

You might be able to get the DVD off Amazon. Often, well over here anyway, Amazon can get some products from other countries. Only thing is it'll be region 2 and PAL, probably. Although that won't be a problem with newer DVD players and most modern TVs, or playing it on PC. I don't think...

Graeme

Matt Jones said:
What, is that, I'm not sure I want to know!

So you catch the herring out at sea, cut out its gills and innards, but leave in its pancreas. You then keep the herring in brine and allow the pancreatic enzymes to slowly, but surely, digest the fish meat....

Be afraid, be very,..., afraid.... :shock:

ob said:
So you catch the herring out at sea, cut out its gills and innards, but leave in its pancreas. You then keep the herring in brine and allow the pancreatic enzymes to slowly, but surely, digest the fish meat....

Be afraid, be very,..., afraid.... :shock:
... and then eat it with large chunks of raw white onion, soaked in one of white vinegar, turpentine or lemon juice to kill the taste?

Here you go, fellow Americans (coming to Discovery near you, although I haven't a date)

"From the world's most populous nation to the world's richest resource, Discovery Channel presents the BBC production Ocean Odyssey. For the first time ever, advanced computer graphics will light the infinite vistas of the ocean in this one-hour special (simulcast on Discovery HD). The largest habitat on earth has remained impenetrable, until now. Through the eyes of a bull sperm whale, the ocean's largest predator, spectacular views and remarkable life forms are revealed against the violent, volatile and treacherous landscape. This is the abyss, a place where the whale must navigate erupting volcanoes, pack hunting killer whales, earthquakes and landscape changing mudslides every day of his life. By the end of his life, this whale will have taken the audience on a first-ever tour of uncharted territory."

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back