• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

O. vulgaris Maximum Temperature

Hello everyone,

Saw some O. vulgaris at a Korean restaurant and thought about getting one. Their tank has a chiller though, keeping the water quite frigid. Anyone know if they can adjust to tropical temperatures?

Thanks

O. vulgaris, the common octopus is a group of speices inhabiting tropical to temperate waters. It's found throughout the world.

I think most of the ones we see here in the US come from the Caribbean Sea but I don't know for sure. We usually have one or two Tonmo members keeping vulgaris and I don't believe any of them used a chiller.

So I think the question is, where did these octopuses come from - cooler waters, or is the restaurant using a chiller when it doesn't need to?

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back