• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

O. rubescens seems to be holding eggs

gmcbride

Cuttlefish
Registered
O. rubescens seems to be holding eggs. She has holed up inside an opaque half gallon jar. She has not been out during the day since late November. The jar has been stacked with all sorts of shells, algae et cetera. I pulled some of it away just to see if she was still alive in there. I did not realize that an octopus can glare. If looks could kill.
What can I expect next? If she has eggs ( I could not see any but I could not see much) how long will they gestate? Suggestions? Wisdom?

I double checked to be sure but sadly, Rubys are a small egg species. There are a few pictures of the para lave if you google Octopus Rubescens eggs . She should have quite a few eggs (over 2,000) according to the literature I found (

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back