[Octopus]: O. briareus

sedna

Architeuthis
Staff member
Moderator (Staff)
It's officially been two weeks since I got this little one, so we're calling it successfully acclaimed! Thanks to KP Aquatics again, this little cutie hitchhiked in on a chunk of LR they had collected. Being so young, it is still very shy- I had to be satisfied with a glimpse of an arm here in there. Yesterday it warmed up enough to start coming out and investigate me a little more. It even came onto the glass last night to check me out. I was also able to stick feed it yesterday- though it seems to love hearding 'pods more at the moment. It's definitely More nocturnal at the moment, but slowly growing more interested in the room outside of its tank. With Mazer, it was a good month before he tamed up this much!

Attachments

• IMG_5785.JPG
    IMG_5785.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_5787.JPG
    IMG_5787.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5819.JPG
    IMG_5819.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5820.JPG
    IMG_5820.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 109
First contact with Antoinnette! She has been taking a long while to warm up. I have some other pictures and video, but all of them are in very low light. Even in these videos my hand create a shadow on the video, making it harder to see.

So far her behavior is what I normally see with briareus. Out in the early morning until eight or nine, then not again until nine or 10 in the evening. She gives me a beautiful displays of Stroh being and passing shadows, but again- I can’t get them on camera with a low light.

after today, my hopes are up for a very interactive little girl!

Attachments

• 9885F377-C922-41D6-8981-92A46F9A964B.MOV
    75.7 MB · Views: 128
  • C8A43786-8AA6-436D-ABDE-656F49AAF673.MOV
    123.2 MB · Views: 99
Awesome... I had two octopuses, both joubini, but none made it more than two weeks. I’m looking for another octopus. Sounds like KP Aquatics is trustworthy? One of the last ones I got was from Saltybottomreef but it came in a bag with less than a tablespoon of water inside. What species of octopus is that?
Thanks, and good luck with Antoine!
Squirrel1

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back