O. Abdopus (Barada)

Barada ran around quite a bit last night (when it was dark). He's currently hiding under a rock, this time actually peering out to see what's going on.

Attachments

• conv_297507.jpg
    conv_297507.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 90
Let me introduce you to another thread in the Journals and Photos forum. It is called, Find the ceph in the photo. There are "rules" posted in the first entry but basically this was the ideal shot for a new entry in the game and the second one with the red circle would be the answering post to be put in her/his thread. I made it a sticky so it will be easier to find next time Barada matches her live rock so well you can't see her when you are looking straight at her :biggrin2:

I found it right away but then again I am used to playing "where's Waldo".
Very cute little guy you got there. Looking good so far. Love the photos.

Talk about shipping companies, my son worked for UPS. The stories I've heard...I will never use them for anything live of fragile. That being said, I am sure other companies have similar practices. I am surprised any of our animals survive shipping.

Haha you're absolutely right, thanks. Next time I'll definitely do that. On a side note he ate a fiddler (which I saw him do) and one of the emerald crabs I had in there so that's good. He's been running around quite a bit lately, after a few minutes of me being there he seems comfortable with it and will start doing things like chasing my hand.

:welcome:
That's good to hear that he's doing well even after his treturous trip :oops: and that he is eating! I just got my guy last week and he doing great as well!!! They are so much fun!!!

busydoingscienc;168581 said:
I was just playing with him and he found a fiddler crab, and then continued playing while holding the fiddler. Hehe.
LOL!!!!! That's awesome! He is gorgeous!!!! I love the video and seeing his colors change!!!

Monty is the only octopus we have had that will (sometimes) take food and then come to the wall to play while holding his food. When he does this, he does not seem concerned that we will take away his food and will even play squish (squeezing through my hand). All the others, and much of the time with Monty, go to their dens, the LR or back wall and eat quietly for an hour or so.

Thanks- I also thought it was pretty cool :smile:
Yeah it seemed a bit odd to me, he wasn't concerned at all (although he still doesn't come all the way up to my fingers to play just yet). Eventually he went behind some LR and ate, but it was definitely a few minutes before he decided to.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back