NY Times Editorial re: Living Giant Squid

Yeah that's great. It has a nice illustraition too.

I bet that first drive back to the lab caused some crazy stories around the dinner table from anyone who witnessed you and your archi trailer.

:notworth: :oshea:

Neil should clip that one out and hang it on his wall. Where, with luck, his delightful-yet-evil assistant will tear it down and send it on an epic globe-trotting adventure. Assuming, of course, that Neil has enough friends/fans to make that work. OK... bad idea. :twisted:

um... said:
Where, with luck, his delightful-yet-evil ....

Two things:
1) what is this 'delightful' that you refer to?
2) what is this 'delightful' that you refer to?

My concession, evil indeed, but in a delightful way.

She would be sooooooo nice, if only she could find it in her pointy little heart to receive and return to me my Neil Diamond clipping. One day she will appreciate him - and her sooty sometimes-poisoned heart will at last find the same peace that others have found; my concern is that it will come too late. She doesn't quite appreciate what this man has meant to me (lyric wise) .... as he's got me through some tough times he has.

As a complete aside, all jokes aside, isn't it nice that Neil finally got a worthy mention in the NYT? I think it's great! Go Neil! You rock. You always will!

Steve O'Shea said:
As a complete aside, all jokes aside, isn't it nice that Neil finally got a worthy mention in the NYT? I think it's great! Go Neil! You rock. You always will!
Hello Steve,

Thanks for writing a great essay, a fine mix of personality and advocacy. The NYTimes needs all the good prose and integrity it can get. (They probably received a letter or two from martinets outraged at your "endorsement" of smoking and drinking.)

I'm sure that Neil Diamond appreciated your shout-out. The new album he's working on is generating a significant buzz, and a mention on the Times's editorial page surely won't hurt.

I wonder where Neil is?

Cheers,
Clem, Master Villain

According to announcements I just read, Neil's about to be in Los Angeles. Oh, you meant THAT Neil... last I heard he was still in Monterey... but I believe Hollywood might be his next stop...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back