• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

NRCC

rlt225

Larval Mass
Registered
I have been trying to contact the NRCC about buying an octopus (bimac), but I have been unable to reach anyone who even knows what I'm talking about! I called the number on their website, and a woman answered who told me the NRCC isn't affiliated with the University any more, and she doesn't know how to contact them. Does anyone have any idea how to get ahold of the NRCC? Or, does anyone know of another place on the West coast that can ship an octopus to Seattle?

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
The NRCC is no longer affiliated with the University of Texas. It's recently moved to Moody Gardens and here is the new website, the page about cephs for sale:
http://www.cephalopod.org/LiveAnimRes.cfm

Unfortunately, the old website is still online.

However, they do not sell to the general public:
"...we can supply live squids, cuttlefishes, octopuses and chambered Nautilus ONLY to bona-fide researchers officially affiliated with either Public or Private Institutions of Education or Research, educators and teachers at any level via their affiliated institution and Public Aquariums fulfilling their charters for public education. Regrettably, we cannot provide animals to the private sector targeting the home aquarium market."

Nancy

mattyice

Pygmy Octopus
Registered
Nancy;124961 said:
Perhaps, but you need to contact them to find out.

Nancy
thank you for posting up that information though :mrgreen:

so far this site has an incredible amount of information and is really helpful

Members online