[Notice]: Date Format

tonmo

Cthulhu
Staff member
Site Owner
For those of you on "this side of the pond" -- i.e., the USA, you might want to go into your Profile (click link at top of screen) and edit your date format. This changes how the date is displayed next to posts, and that kind of thing, throughout the Message Board. To get the Americanized version, copy and paste this code into the Date Format input box:

M j, Y - g:i a

This will make the date look something like this:
Nov 18, 2002 - 10:55 pm

If you have nothing but time on your hands and really want to customize it any which way, just choose the appropriate code from here:

PHP: date - Manual

Given that the new hosting provider has an accurate server clock, I just un-did the ineffective fixes I had implemented for the old hosting provider... the date/time should be working correctly now. If the site is not reflecting your preferred time zone (the default is Eastern), then you can change it in your profile, by clicking the Profile link at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Sorry, this time zone thing just gets goofier and goofier.

If you want the board to reflect daylight savings, you'll have to manually go into your Profile and change the time zone to reflect the proper time. For example, I live on the East coast USA, so I changed the time from GMT - 5 to GMT -4. When October rolls around, I'll have to change it back to GMT -5.

At some point I'll try to find some code to automate this, but in the meantime, you can just click on the "Profile" link in the upper right corner of this page to change it yourself manually.

Thanks,

tonmo said:
Sorry, this time zone thing just gets goofier and goofier.

If you want the board to reflect daylight savings, you'll have to manually go into your Profile and change the time zone to reflect the proper time. For example, I live on the East coast USA, so I changed the time from GMT - 5 to GMT -4. When October rolls around, I'll have to change it back to GMT -5.

At some point I'll try to find some code to automate this, but in the meantime, you can just click on the "Profile" link in the upper right corner of this page to change it yourself manually.

Thanks,

It's that time of year again... follow these instructions to reflect the correct time on the forums for yourself... :roll:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back