not a squid request...

So this year, my students are into sharks (can't convince them otherwise) - I was wondering if anyone had a frozen shark lying around they could donate to my students. Probably less than 3 feet since I would be paying shipping...

Thanks!

If you had asked 6 or 7 years ago ... but sadly, nothing preserved or frozen here.

You might check places that sell catshark eggs to see if they have eggs or animals that did not survive. Sadly, they are not suitable for most aquariums and usually don't survive long after hatching (but most eggs hatch but eating then then eventual size make them unsuitable). I took a quick tour of the bookshelves and did not see the book we had on keeping them. There is one more place that I can't inspect until tomorrow. If I find it would it be something the kids might look through?

We have a lot of shark books, I have a small shark jaw, a megalodon tooth, I bought some fossil dirt to sift for fossil shark teeth. I might be able to get a piece of shark meat at the fish market so they could see the skin.

I did a cursory check on eBay and there is a preserved shark for under $30 (including shipping). There are also some up up for bidding that may be cheaper. There may be other items. The BEST one I just remembered is not all that expensive but getting it filled with helium gets complicated :sagrin:. I so wanted to get this for my grandson but getting it filled or buying the gas bottles (and then having them filled) was deemed not viable. They do have quite a selection of critters now and the replacement baloons (without radio controller - DON'T TAKE THEM OUTSIDE!) are reasonable if you have access to a helium bottle.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back