• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Normal Rate of Growth for a Bimac

Did you get him from Fish Supply? Lil P was the tiniest baby I have ever had. He had to have a mantle about 1/4 of an inch when he arrived. I'd say now he's about the size of a large grape, 1" or so. Does not look good. I did a major water change today, even though all my parameters look excellent. He has that curlyque look to his legs and refused food. At least I've had him for 5 months. Inklet's growth made me realize Lil P really wasn't putting on size as compared to others I've had in the past.

Carol

Looking back at pictures from the beginning, Lil P deffinately had the normal color changes most bimacs I have had do. Towards the last month though the he stayed more the whitesh/grayish coloring. Deffinately weren't as pronounced. Now Inklet is an array of massive color changes. He's different everytime I look at him.

You said Pudge never changed coloring?

Not big changes like the red or purple or anything else, just chocolate brown to pale white with orange dots to white with orange dots. Maybe it depends on the personality; but I'm positive I annoyed him but he never turned red. :? :rainbow:

Ok... so if tank temps prolong life and slow frowth rates... how low can you go? :heee: we have our on about 24-26C... if I can lower i can probably reduce bacteria etc in the tank too since those sort of things live in fairly fragile environments...

?

Has anyone's bimac ever turned red? Maybe different species turn different colors. Ollie never turned red, but I don't think I ever annoyed her - I accidently frightened her a couple of times. But I did see Debbie's briareus Jetta turn red - she's still angry at Debbie because Debbie removed some of her eggs. It wasn't a bright scarlet red - it was more of a red brown.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back