No name....

:welcome: Colinda. Why don't you go over to the "Introduce yourself" thread and do a proper intro, and that would include telling us all about what you do at the Newport Aquarium. You will have rapt readers, I promise!

:welcome: to TONMO!

Jean works in an aquarium in NZ with their large octos (although not quite GPOs) and may have some useful input for you. I think there are a few others with GPO experience as well...

Came home from an exhausting day at work to Noname out doing laps and hundreds of flea sized free swimming babies. She must have been with a male before I bought her back in March. I sure wish I could save some but past experience shows they are very difficult if not impossible to raise in a tank environment. I need to start looking for my next octopus.

:sad: did you ever determine a species for noname? How big did she get?

Might explain some of the reclusiveness. You've kept more species of octopus than just about anyone on Tonmo.

Sorry that you can't raise the hatchlings. Maybe someday we'll learn how to do that.

Nancy

She stayed small, actually never put any size on at all. Jess and I went collecting and made sure to include some seawater for tiny creatures. I'm stocking my tank as you never know what may appear over the weekend.........

I plan on it! Could have a great announcement by Sunday........I still have about 4 tanks to combine into the 70....Knowing Noname's days are numbered, unfortunately, may speed up the process some!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back