• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

nice to meet u and cuttlefish help needed

mcmusashi5

GPO
Registered
hi im new hear and im happy to be here so to sum it up im mikie and im experienced well with octopus and nautilus but now im set on nautilus. any nautilus breeders or people who live in SOCAl that can help me find one. 1 more thing what is the smallesttype of aquarium cuttlefish. and again its nice to meet all of u:sly:

cuttlegirl;139910 said:
:welcome: What kind of experience do you have with Nautilus? S. bandensis are usually what most people keep in their home aquarium.
well as long as your tank has perfect water quality your good to go. how big does S. bandensis get

cuttlegirl;139945 said:
I was asking what is your personal experience with Nautilus? I was wondering if you worked at an aquarium. S. bandensis can grow about 3-5 inches in total length.

no i dont work at an aquarium. the nautilus was not very active in the day thats the only thing most pressing that i could watch at feeding time day or night it became very active exploring and what not. but the rest of the day it slept if you would in the constant shower of water from the filter

There are no nautilus breeders out there, all the animals that come into the trade are wild-caught. There really isn't a reliable supplier that I know of that will sell to private keepers. Even the wholesalers who supply research facilities and commercial aquariums have spotty success catching them on demand. I've waited three months or more at times for research animals.

Mine used to sit under the water jet from the skimmer, too. :smile:

robyn;139995 said:
There are no nautilus breeders out there, all the animals that come into the trade are wild-caught. There really isn't a reliable supplier that I know of that will sell to private keepers. Even the wholesalers who supply research facilities and commercial aquariums have spotty success catching them on demand. I've waited three months or more at times for research animals.

Mine used to sit under the water jet from the skimmer, too. :smile:

well i got my nautilus from a very reliable LFS called jeff's exotic fish store in cali. i dont know there sorces but thats cool that yours also kept itself in the shower :lol:

The smallest cuttle that's suited well to captivity is Sepia bandensis. I'm not sure if there are other similarly sized cuttles, but if there were, you'll probably never see one for sale.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back