• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

next octo

I can't really tell from that picture but look at the eye spots and description of bimacs in this link.

Cephalopod Care

Compare the eyespots to the ones in the picture. Escpecially see if your octo's eyespots have an unbroken blue chain. It looks as though your octo has alot of texture, which bimacs often don't have.

Ben

well i looked at the eyespot in the picture and his eyespot is not a ring.... it is just a purple/blue blob....... he also never looks that color.... he usually is smooth and brown colored but in the pic i took he is kinda splotched with white and has small horns all over his mantle.... but he doesnt usually look like that..... the only pic i can find that resembles him is this....

http://www.tonmo.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=25

it says it a rudigers octo???
he looke just like that

well the good news is my mom will be here in like an hour to give me a camera to use so i can take a bunch of good pics of him....

im uploading a video of him now along with a good amount of pics but i still cant get a good angle on him cause he always wants to be on the glass when he see's me........

i got a video of him here..... its 3 min long but theres a few times u get a good look at him.... at around 45 seconds u get a real good look at him... photos will be uploaded in a min

heres sum pics.....

DSCN0919.jpg

DSCN0918.jpg

DSCN0917.jpg

DSCN0916.jpg

DSCN0913.jpg

hope these and the vid help to identify him.....

i dont beleive he is an aculeatus because ive looked up many pictures of that species and none look like him.... one of the main characteristics of that species is the blueish body color it has which mine does not..... so as of right now im confused to what he is

it depends on what you think is cheap, sachs aquaculture sell them for fairly well priced and im sure that if you call paul himself he can give you a bulk discount. the link in on the ceph food section i think.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back