[NEWS]: Transvestite Cuttlefish

:lol: Executive tranvestite cuttlefish, oh boy, on the subject of the subjectless, you can pick up a good deal on the Dress to Kill DVD at Virgin Records. Strangley, I find executive transvestite cuttlefish easier to swallow than action transvestive cuttlefish. As for love newf's pic, well... it reminds me of when I was seven and my mom and sister kept on getting "ideas" :bonk: I wonder if it had anything to do with triggering my borderline insanity.

Pretty soon, the larger males will try to mate with every single femaling looking cuttle to be on the safe side, but that evoution, we'll see that in the next decade I fink.

um...,

Oh, I don't know. I hear Rupert Murdoch did pretty much the same thing when he was courting his wife. Not coincidentally, he's Australian, too.

:twisted:

Clem, waiting for the lawsuit

I actually know a couple of straight guys here in LA that use the exact same strategy. It also helps that they seem to know exactly where to shop. Women love their ensembles, want to know more, approach...
sneaky, I suppose, but all's fair in love and war. Gotta get around the bullies somehow...

I used to stuff toilet paper under my shirt and shoes to look taller and have bigger muslces in school so the bullies don't dare get me. An exact opposite to the cuttles. :biggrin2:

Good! Then I got to it in time. It drifted further off the thread and, although not profane, wasn't entirely suitable for general consumption. I can be a bit of a vulgarian sometimes.

Back to the thread, however, I find it remarkable if not entirely surprising that these cuttles have made this adaptation in their behaviour; anybody who has observed mating competition between cuttles has seen how belligerant the dominant males can be. I've noticed a number of nasty wounds on the losers in aquariums. My question is how long it has taken the female-impersonators to adopt this behavioural ruse, or has it only been noticed recently but has been probably going-on indefinitely? Since alpha males are traditionally the ones that propagate a healthy species, how could this ultimately effect their evolution if the traditionally weaker ones are now getting to mate?

erich orser said:
Since alpha males are traditionally the ones that propagate a healthy species, how could this ultimately effect their evolution if the traditionally weaker ones are now getting to mate?

Is evolution really seeking to create the biggest, meanest cuttlefish in the sea? I'm going to go all Richard Dawkins here and assert that 'survival of the fittest' is a manifestation of genes simply trying to make the most copies of themselves. Being an alpha male is generally a very sound way to get genes copied, and is in a sense the 'safest bet'. However, if an animal can survive until sexual maturity and manage to plant some seeds, then the genes still have a chance of being propagated. Evidently, some cross-dressing cuttles manage to reproduce and pass on the cross-dressing genes. These devious little deviants are in the minority, and will stay that way unless being weak but crafty becomes a superior strategy (Revenge of the Nerd Cuttlefish?). So, I'd expect the species to stay healthy (unless we manage to wipe them out). Are the dominant cuttles possibly a little better off, too, if they don't have to fight gruelling battles with every male that comes along?

:cuttle:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back