[News]: Scientists trying to identify large squid - The News-Press

cephalopodcast;88978 said:
Also, FWIW, it's Mote, not MOTE. Not an acronym, but actually the last name of a major benefactor of the lab.
Thanks Jason -- I actually knew that, but I keep making the mistake!

Oh man, TONMOCON II is gonna rock...

Is it just me, or does the area where the tail was severed resemble a neat bite radius?

Also, I have a vivid memory of Asperoteuthis being mentioned in one of the older "mystery squid" threads, vis photos of an unidentified floater found somewhere(?) by a man named Bruno...

Clem

Clem;89008 said:
Also, I have a vivid memory of Asperoteuthis being mentioned in one of the older "mystery squid" threads, vis photos of an unidentified floater found somewhere(?) by a man named Bruno...

Clem

Page two of this thread from 2005, sir.

Squid Body From Whale Stomach

Thanks for the gentle reminder, Phil! I wanted to link to the pic showing the break in the squid's tail, but those pages are loading very slowly (when they're not making my browser quit).

[News]: Squid necropsy - The News-Press

Squid necropsy
[SIZE=-1]The News-Press, FL - Feb 28, 2007[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Send us any digital photos you've taken by uploading them here. When you upload your photos, make sure to include a caption about what's happening in each ...[/SIZE]

More...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back