[News]: Researchers think they found remains of 25-foot squid in Monterey Bay - San

WOO HOO. An Architeuthis-apparent in American waters. I wonder how long its been since one of those have been found. I guess it could be Moroteuthis robusta but from the pictures, the fins look to small for that species, and Hochberg wouldn't be comparing it to Kubodera's pictures if it was...

Taollan;120851 said:
WOO HOO. An Architeuthis-apparent in American waters. I wonder how long its been since one of those have been found. I guess it could be Moroteuthis robusta but from the pictures, the fins look to small for that species, and Hochberg wouldn't be comparing it to Kubodera's pictures if it was...

No more than 2 years: [News]: Catch of the day: Rare tentacle - KSBY

"The 'teuth is out there!"

I remember that one... but I had it in my mind that it was a Moroteuthis, probably because it has been a while back and my brain has been wiped clean a couple times since them. Did they ever confirm that as a Architeuthis?

Edit: Ok I went back to the Video news spots and sure enough... Architeuthis, definitely not Moroteuthis without hooks in the club suckers... Monty, you were right

in monterey bay? sweeet. in the aquarium they had a model of an enormous squid next to one of the gift shops and the sea otters. i wonder if the model is of the same species? i heard they modeled it after something they found locally.

-Keith

Don't get me started on exaggeration, a ton at 60 feet, when will they stop.... Still a very nice beasty, but just look at the difference in skin tone, from living crimson at being dragged out of the water to total greyness at being dragged on to the dissection table...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back