[News]: Paris' latest star is no damp squid - AFP

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff

[SIZE=-2]AFP[/SIZE]

Paris' latest star is no damp squid
[SIZE=-1]AFP - 15 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The squid was hauled up in January 2000 at a depth of 615 metres (2000 feet) by fishermen off New Zealand. It has been baptised Wheke, after Te Wheke o ...[/SIZE]

More...

Just in the event this link goes down ... as these things so often do over time .... I've (SOS) taken the liberty of embedding the image in the initial posting.

Attachments

• conv_303286.jpg
    conv_303286.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 79
?

.... I sent one to them many years ago and never heard anything about it; this certainly doesn't look like it though! Gunther will not be happy .... but then again ...

WTF!

Jean;113593 said:
"3 subspecies?" I thought Architeuthis was monospecific?????

well, there's the kind that attacks sailboats, the kind that attacks fictional subs, and the kind that we fill with resin...

Jean;113593 said:
"3 subspecies?" I thought Architeuthis was monospecific?????

J

Depends on who you ask. One seems most likely to me, but 3 is a popular number, too... And there's some list of 7 or more "species" because everyone wants an Architeuthis named after them, apparently.

I've just heard; it is the same specimen that we sent over years ago. The beast resurfaces!

[News]: NZ plastinated squid on display in France - Radio Australia

NZ plastinated squid on display in France
[SIZE=-1]Radio Australia, Australia - Mar 27, 2008[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]France's National Museum of Natural History has unveiled the world's first plastinated squid -- a six-and-a-half metre-long deep-sea beast, donated by New ...[/SIZE]

More...

[News]: Giant squid on display in Paris - Gadling

Giant squid on display in Paris
[SIZE=-1]Gadling, CA - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Hanging from the ceiling is a 6.5 meter (21.5 foot) long giant squid, perfectly preserved by way of plastination. The method for preserving cadavers first ...[/SIZE]

More...

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back