• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

[News]: Octopus is both intelligent and charming, admirers say - Waterloo Record

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff
Octopus is both intelligent and charming, admirers say
[SIZE=-1]Waterloo Record, Canada - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... The crowd is croons as a six-month-old, two-kilogram great Pacific octopus stretches out a long, red arm. ... The octopus drops the alien and reaches for the feet. ... [/SIZE]

More...

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Sounds like an interesting article, but I can't view it and I seem to have to be a registered subscriber - the site didn't seem to let me register, either. Could you please at least summarize the story for us?
Thanks,
Nancy

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
Nancy;78541 said:
Sounds like an interesting article, but I can't view it and I seem to have to be a registered subscriber - the site didn't seem to let me register, either. Could you please at least summarize the story for us?
Thanks,
Nancy
yeah, it looks like they provide web access only to people who subscribe for delivery, I guess... I sometimes resort to http://www.bugmenot.com for such circumstances, but they don't appear to have a login/password for there, either. You'd think that someone would set up a system where you can pay some reasonable fee (like 5 cents) to get one story from the newspaper.

Members online

No members online now.