[News]: Non-ceph aquatic news (was "in the news:")

Fish Hoek looks like it is less than 20 km West of Seal Island, which I believe puts it right next to the "Ring of Death," that place where the Discovery channel filmed the footage for Air Jaws. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems to me that a place called the "Ring of Death" might not be the best place to work on the old breast stroke.

Woah, that's a funky lookin catfish.... though i am disappointed they didnt mention the giant arapaima... that one gets about the same size (though i've heard it used to grow in excess of 20 feet before being overfished)

"We're just skimming the surface," said Dr Ron O'Dor" LOL...good pun!
awsome article...great find!

fluffysquid said:
Woah, that's a funky lookin catfish.... though i am disappointed they didnt mention the giant arapaima... that one gets about the same size (though i've heard it used to grow in excess of 20 feet before being overfished)

They have arapaima here in the Vancouver Aquarium and they freak me out! They look like they've got a raku finish.

"Now, fellahs...you just grab the little octo behind the head and...OH Crikey!!!"
Heheh. Lets see Irwin try that one!
g

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back