[News]: Non-ceph aquatic news (was "in the news:")

Fish Hoek looks like it is less than 20 km West of Seal Island, which I believe puts it right next to the "Ring of Death," that place where the Discovery channel filmed the footage for Air Jaws. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seems to me that a place called the "Ring of Death" might not be the best place to work on the old breast stroke.

fluffysquid

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Woah, that's a funky lookin catfish.... though i am disappointed they didnt mention the giant arapaima... that one gets about the same size (though i've heard it used to grow in excess of 20 feet before being overfished)

Toren

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
fluffysquid said:
Woah, that's a funky lookin catfish.... though i am disappointed they didnt mention the giant arapaima... that one gets about the same size (though i've heard it used to grow in excess of 20 feet before being overfished)
They have arapaima here in the Vancouver Aquarium and they freak me out! They look like they've got a raku finish.

Melissa

Larger Pacific Striped Octopus
Supporter
There is a snake farm in Bangkok where antivenin is made and exported. Hard to imagine a BRO or a box jelly being "milked" for its venom. :bugout:
:bluering:

Melissa

From what I've read about Ceph's and dolphins, it sort of sounds like a dolphin is like a dog, all playfull and friendly, and will even save your butt when you're in a jam, like Lassie.

But a ceph (an octopus in particular) is sort of like a cat, where maybe it likes you, but probably the only thing keeping it from wishing death upon you is an offering of food. And it will kill anything it can, for reasons that seem to be nothing short of "mean spirited." They take after Cthulhu.

Members online