[News]: Love in the octopus' garden - Reuters UK

octobot

Robotic Staff
Staff member
Robotic Staff

Love in the octopus' garden
[SIZE=-1]Reuters UK, UK - 7 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Graduate student Christine Huffard snorkelled in the waters off Indonesia to watch Abdopus aculeatus, an octopus with a spiky tan body the size of a small ...[/SIZE]

More...

[SIZE=-2]UC Berkeley[/SIZE]

Octopus sex more sophisticated than arm-wrestling
[SIZE=-1]UC Berkeley, CA - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]For several weeks, they tracked Octopus Abdopus aculeatus, a diurnal species of cephalopod that typically sports a spiky tan body the size of a small orange ...[/SIZE]

More...

If you're on the east coast, they might be discussed on Good Morning America tomorrow morning because apparently Dianne Sawyer loves octopuses. Of course the story could get scrapped at the last minute.

A friend who lives in upstate NY 5 miles from the canadian border emailed this to me today! Congrats! Will have to tune in and see if you make it on Good Morning America!!!

Octobot caught a very tasteless spoof in with these:

[ removed ]

I would also say that Roy and Crissy might have grounds to complain that if one is going to make a (crude and tasteless and not all that funny) knock-off of a real story, they should have the decency to make up fake biologist names instead of leaving the real ones in when the rest of the article has been gutted. I know parody is protected speech, so this is probably not illegal, just in very poor taste.

Yeah, I'd just edit it, since I think it adds no value and insults our members, but the octobot posts are sort of weird and I'm not sure if I'd break anything by removing it... hopefully Tony will clean it up. As much as I like parody and dislike censorship, there's no reason we have to link to tacky stuff that fails to be funny.

monty;114065 said:
Octobot caught a very tasteless spoof in with these:

Study: Number One Reason to Become a Marine Biologist? The Octopussy

I would also say that Roy and Crissy might have grounds to complain that if one is going to make a (crude and tasteless and not all that funny) knock-off of a real story, they should have the decency to make up fake biologist names instead of leaving the real ones in when the rest of the article has been gutted. I know parody is protected speech, so this is probably not illegal, just in very poor taste.

I totally agree it's beyond a joke to use the name of a real biologist in such a piece :mad:

I could be wrong (it happens more than I would like), but I suspect no harm was intended and that Crissy knows the author, however, it is not what a biologist wants to pop up on Google when one's name is searched.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back