• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

NEWBIE HERE WITH A HITCHIKER

Nice to see someone else getting a new bimac. I see you're in Montreal - did getting the bimac over the border present any problems?

Glad you're trying again. I think you'll enjoy having an octopus. Please let us know when it arrives and what you're going to name it. Since it's so difficult to distinguish between the sexes in a bimac, we've been just arbitrarily deciding that we have a male or a female. Dbbga, who just got her bimac on Saturday, has decided that she has a girl octo!

Oh yes - did you notice that we have a Bimac Care Sheet among our Ceph Care articles - just click on the blue Ceph Care button above.

Good luck with the little one!

Nancy

..The octo didn't show up in my fish order... Someone higher up in the food chain thought an octopus wasn't a reasonable expense for the store.
Fortunatly this person apologized when I made it clear that the octo was for me.

To make it up to me, I've been offered a dwarf species from the caribbeans on our next order.

I'm now hesitating because a dwarf species is very interesting and might be less expensive to feed in the long run( I already have a lot of mouths to feed ). But then again, Bimacs seem to be the easiest and most interactive octos in captivity.In addition to the fact that The one I had ordered was listed as aqua-cultured and I,m garanteed a youngster.

I don't think border crossing will even be an issue.As long as the animals are clearly identified and aren't on the ''cites'' red list, we're o.k.

As for a name , as soon as i'll see it i'll have a better idea... but right now i'm thinking shirley if it looks like a girl and sumo if it looks like a guy!??!!!
that's if it comes in alive
of course...

pookie
waiting for my octo
bye-bye

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back