• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Newbie Help

Almondsaz

Wonderpus
Registered
Tonight I get my eggs and I have hopefully prepared well, but wanted to check on a couple of details. I purchased a large in tank refugium from CITRL (12x6x8) and it will provide me the opportunity to keep an eye on the eggs and "fingers crossed" some hatchlings. I have turned off the Metal Halides on that side of the tank so the only light is from the PCs. My question is how much flow/circulation is appropriate for the eggs? The In Tank Fuge has flow holes (small diameter) and it comes with a pump that provides 120 gph flow.

I put a shallow layer of live sand in the bottom and a small ball of Chaeto (maybe baseball size) The sand doesn't move around but obviously the chaeto does.

Does this set up sound ok? Any suggestions?

Now I am completely bummed. I went to pick them up and they never came in....not sure when they might either. The search starts all over. On the bright side, at least I am ready when I can find some. If you have any connection with eggs - please shoot me an email.

found both eggs and baby cuttles on Ocean Pro Aquatics INC. The price was ok $27 for each juvie cuttle or $25/egg and looks like they veryify they have a little one inside before shipping. But the shipping was out of sight. Still looking to see if there are other ways to get some eggs.

Almondsaz;148811 said:
found both eggs and baby cuttles on Ocean Pro Aquatics INC. The price was ok $27 for each juvie cuttle or $25/egg and looks like they veryify they have a little one inside before shipping. But the shipping was out of sight. Still looking to see if there are other ways to get some eggs.

These guys are much cheaper in Canada. I think I paid 20 or 25$ per clutch of eggs :smile:

I think I over estimated how much flow through I have in a 2.5g holding tank that is inside a sump. I would say 30 - 40 gph (a guess). I have semi fine screen in drain bulkhead - cut from a media bag - need to make sure the live foods do not escape. I have to make sure I blow this screen clear every couple days to avoid flooding the 2.5g, as fine particles sometimes get trapped in it.

corpusse - where did you get egg clutches for $25? That seems a very fair price.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back